Monday, August 28, 2006

Home sweet home?

Okay, so just to let everyone know, I am home now. And I will be returning your calls soon, I promise. Also, I will write a more substantial entry (or series of entries, really, if I don't want to overload the system) over the course of this evening and tomorrow morning. These entries will include but not be limited to:

Freaking out over the amount of Arabic I have to learn before next Tuesday (a lot)
Completion the timeline of Beirut
Musings about Europe
Thoughts on how the world is flat for real
Complaints about how much I miss my friends
Squees about how excited I am to see Ann Arbor folk
Contemplations of things I can do to help

Also, I am taking a class next semester called Jihad in History. My Mondays and Wednesdays are all English all the time (some obnoxious pre-1600 class that I'm trying to get out of and into a British Romantic Lit class instead of, and Children's Lit - woohoo!) and my Tuesday and Thursdays are all Arabic all the time (Arabic 403 and this Jihad class). So that's neat. Plans for winter semester are not yet finalized, but right now it's looking like staying in Ann Arbor, with the possibility of London (basically I just want to read the Guardian all semester, so perhaps that's not the best choice) or taking the semester off and doing an internship instead, then coming back for spring term, then to Beirut (crossing fingers) for CAMES summer, given that there are no bombs/other weapons/militants. Well, I guess the militants are unavoidable. Anyway, I'm just toying with those potential plans and probably shouldn't put them out into the internetosphere yet but whatev.

Okay, real update of real substance about things other than myself coming soon. Just for now, know that I'm alive (that is probably the most-used phrase in this entire blog).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home