Saturday, August 12, 2006

Woohoo Internet!

Okay so I finally have some kind of helpful internet access but am kind of tired and don't want to write out my entire life for the last 2 weeks all right now. Right now I am in a hotel in Venice with wireless internet access in the lobby so I will hopefully use that at some point tomorrow and do the whole writing up my entire life thing. Or if not that, then I am in Athens the night after tomorrow all by myself with internet access which should be awesome and very exciting, so you'll get the story then.

The short version is basically that I love everywhere in Europe except for Croatia which is a little bit boring and dirty as it turns out. Croatia actually does look a lot like Lebanon, to a point where, if I had fallen asleep on the bus and woken up in Croatia, I would have wondered how I got back in Lebanon and whether the last month of my life was just a dream. Mish ma3oul.

Also, I have been spoiled by Lebanon as it turns out. Driving through all these places, I know on an intellectual level that they're gorgeous. I mean the mountains all through Germany and Austria and all that were lovely and green (although I couldn't see the tops of them because the clouds were so huge and low and gray). And they're a huge improvement on the Midwest, obviously...but they just don't hold a candle to Lebanon. That's why I got so excited when this little city just at the beginning of Croatia looked just like a mini Beirut - it even had a bay and then the moutains all coming up behind it and buildings with orange roofs and everything.

UN resolution approved today. Only took them a month to do pretty much nothing. I'm trying to be optimistic but I'm sort of exhausted.

My friends from Beirut that I have been traveling with are leaving tomorrow, which scares me sort of because then there won't be anyone to talk about Barometer/getting bombed with.

Okay, that all for tonight. I'm very sleepy and would like to play with the internet a little more before going to bed. More interesting stuff tomorrow, but just know that I'm alive.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

soooo glad to know you're alive and well...I'm a little surprised that you didn't like croatia , it's supposed to be the new playground of the rich and famous...can't wait to hear the rest of the story...R.

2:30 AM, August 13, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home